Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Day One: This is hard

This is already hard.

It's 9:19 and I had breakfast about an hour ago and I'm already feeling hungry again.

Two eggs, spinach, grape tomatoes sprinkled with a decent amount of Bulgarian sheep feta. It was delicious.


But now I'm sitting at my desk, studying for a final exam that I have on Friday and so I'm bored. Bored and thirsty. Sweet tea would be really good right now.

I will try some water with a slice of lemon and see if that helps.


It was good, but it didn't help.

So then I had a slice of toast with organic peanut butter. And that helped.

But it would have been better with a bit of honey.

I also had a cup of tea with no sugar in it which was as horrible as it sounds. I hope I can get used to it, but I'm doubtful.

Then I studied, off and on, until 1:30 when I was hungry again and decided to have lunch.


I wanted to have a salad, or some raw veggies with this but we are completely out so I am going to head to the grocery store once I pick the kids up. In any case, this tuna melt plus 1/2 cup of Annie's lentil soup hit the spot. There was 2g of sugar in the slide of whole wheat bread and 3g in the lentil soup, however, so then I looked at the list of foods that I'm allowed to have on the 21 day detox and realized that bread is not on that list. Whoops! Lentils are on it, but only a 1/2 cup per day, which is fine as it's what I had.

I wonder why bread is not allowed? The one we buy has very little sugar added. I guess I'll have to wait to read the book to find out. And then I'll have to decide if I want to follow the detox that strictly or if I just want to cut out all of the honey and sweets that I've been having. I think I want to follow it strictly, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of such a low carb diet. I'll have to think on that for a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment