Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day Two: Sugar headache

So at first I thought I would be okay to follow a sugar detox that was already created: The 21 day sugar detox. But after reading up on it more I realized that I would have to cut out bread, oatmeal and fruit and that just doesn't really fit with my lifestyle. The bread that we eat only has 1 or 2g of sugar in it and my morning oatmeal is super healthy, made with flax, chia, hemp and either a few blueberries or pieces of cut up apple. I usually have it with honey, but I figure if I cut that part out, the rest of it is very low sugar.

Fruit is one that I am debating. I actually want to encourage myself to eat more of it and a bigger variety of fruit, however I do recognize that there is a lot of natural sugar in fruit so I think I will do a bit more reading on whether or not it's truly necessary to cut natural sugars out when you're trying to stop yourself from eating refined sugar.

In any case, yesterday I went the whole day without a single sweet tea, piece of chocolate or any refined sugar at all! So yay me!

However I started having a headache around 9pm and went to bed super early and even though I woke up at 7, after a good 10 hours of sleep, I'm still very sleepy this morning and the headache is back. Darn. I have heard that I might feel foggy and have a headache for a good week, so I was expecting that, but it doesn't make it any better.

Today's breakfast was the same as yesterdays: 2 egg omelette with grape tomatoes, spinach and feta cheese. And then, of course, I was starving around 10:30 so I made a green smoothie. Almond milk (unsweetened), vanilla protein powder, a large handful of spinach, 1/2 a banana and some frozen blueberries.

I now feel full, but sleepy again. I feel like I could sleep for a week.

Here's is a very blurry picture of what I'm having for lunch. Broccoli, carrots, beet crackers and two tablespoons of hummus. Delicious but I'm guessing I'll be hungry again in another couple of hours. All this sitting around and studying has me very bored and boredom leads to hunger. You know what would be really good right now?

Persian tea with honey. Mmmmm. I can almost taste it.

Instead, back to my veggies and dip.




No comments:

Post a Comment